Deadline: 12 May 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Team Leader in Afghanistan.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
- The Protection Team Leader will perform the following functions:
- Draft reports detailing human rights’ violations and issues related to protection/SGBV and efforts to mitigate or eliminate them.
- Collect information on IDPs/returnees population movements, forced return and arbitrary arrest.
- Support protection related advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure on collecting information from community and conducting of RPA in area.
- Engage the men and women of the community in discussions around women’s rights and gender based violence.
- Collect weekly and monthly reports of staffs and preparing weekly and monthly reporting to line Managers.
- Perform other duties, as needed or assigned by line manager.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in law or related field.
- Minimum 3 year’s management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 year’s practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management.
- Strong knowledge of human rights and Afghan national laws.
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.