Deadline: 13 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Rule of Law and Human Rights Specialist in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Rule of Law and Human Rights Specialist will responsible for providing leadership and substantive guidance and direction to team members at HQ, regional hubs, and global policy centers and manages the teams staff.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Rule of Law and Human Rights Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Substantive delivery of technical assistance, policy development and programme support.
- Provide policy advisory and programming services primarily to COs within the region, that respond to country office needs, including through the provision of capacity building and backstopping to COs and UNCTs.
- Work with the Regional Bureau’s Country Advisors to ensure relevant, timely and multi-disciplinary response to Country needs for policy services.
- Support programming and implementation of the Global Programme for Strengthening the Rule of Law and Human Rights for Sustaining Peace & Fostering Development.
- Substantive development of tools and resources, from across UNDP’s network of expertise.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying tools, developing methodologies and producing knowledge management products linked to crisis-related rule of law and human rights.
- Provide technical expertise on the content development for regional/CO knowledge products through the analysis of data, case evidence, and research findings in accordance with corporate standards.
- Knowledge management and community of practice networking.
- Contribute to the continuous analysis, documentation, codification of regional results/lessons learned.
- Review regional data, case evidence and research findings to distill pivotal lessons for UNDP globally;
- Advocate and enable South-South facilitation of exchanges and experiences sharing where valuable;
- Advocacy and partner engagement for effective policy positioning in the region.
- Advocate the application of ground-breaking ROL and Human Rights-based approaches, especially as an integrated approach to achieving the SDGs, in various regional and country fora with a view to deepen related political commitment and related reforms.
- Represent UNDP within engagements in interagency coordination in ROL and Human Rights policy areas and in particular support the UNDP-DPKO Global Focal Point arrangement and the Tripartite partnership of UNDP, OHCHR and the Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, preferably in international development, law, international affairs, business administration, development economics, or other relevant field, or extensive compensating experience in Rule of Law and/or Human Rights.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in either public sectors (national or multilateral, including UN), private (academia, non-governmental sector, corporate), with increasing level of responsibility.
- Proven track record and leadership experience in the UN System related to rule of law and human rights in crisis and fragile contexts.
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills and ability to mobilize support from a wide range of partners (public, private, academic, civil society, business community leaders).
- Proven track record of management and resource mobilization skills.
- French proficiency required, English highly desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.