Deadline: 30 September 2016
Amnesty International (AI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Campaigner, Business and Human Rights in Bangalore, India.
The Senior Campaigner, Business and Human Rights will involve launching campaigns for action by developing and implementing innovative strategies and tactics; capitalizing on communications and social media opportunities; and identifying and fostering partnerships and collaboration with other human rights activists and communities.
The AI’s global campaign is to change the lives of those suffering human rights abuses.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Campaigner, Business and Human Rights will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to developing and implementing a campaign strategy to deliver impact on business and human rights.
- Write and devise campaigning and other materials for external and internal use.
- Develop and create ways to engage new audiences and increase the impact of existing audiences.
- Monitor and analyze external developments, internationally and domestically, relevant to business and human rights, particularly with regard to extractive industries, and make appropriate recommendations to campaign strategy, objectives and plans.
- Liaise with existing networks and form new networks.
- Develop and conduct research and analysis on specific issues related to the programme as and when required, leading specifically on information-gathering, fact-finding, analysis, risk assessment and assessment of relevant human rights concerns.
- Represent Amnesty International India in the field as required, including to government officials, partner organizations and the media.
Applicants must have-
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, which could include experience in campaigning, journalism, advocacy, law or human rights activism.
- Experience of developing and implementing campaigns to achieve social change.
- Understanding of relevant Indian law and procedure, and international human rights standards.
- Experience in interviewing victims and survivors of human rights violations and government officials.
- Ability to analyze human rights issues and exercise sound political judgment.
- Ability to understand and express ideas in English, Hindi, and at least one other Indian language, in a fluent, clear and concise way.
- Understanding of digital campaigning tools and their appropriate use for target audiences to ensure both online and offline activism and mobilization.
- Experience of working in a team, and participating in collective coordination by contributing to setting priorities, motivating self and others, and resolving team conflicts.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AI.