Deadline: 10 June 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Digital Development Specialist in New Delhi, India . The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Digital Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the design, preparation and supervision of World Bank Group financed digital development related investment and policy reform programs in client countries with an emphasis on digital infrastructure policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations needed to support development and for the success of Bank interventions and national digital capabilities.
- Advise clients on strategies, best practices and design of programs to develop the foundations of their digital economies through regulatory/policy reforms, development of digital infrastructures, platforms and services, and promoting development of digital skills and innovation.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on a range of policy and regulatory issues to promote competition, private sector investment and innovation in the digital economy sector with the aim of achieving by 2030 people, businesses and governments to be digitally enabled.
- Play a key role in implementation of sector strategy; advises borrowers and colleagues on technical matters, supervises the work of consultants and technical specialists to ensure consistency and conformity to Bank standards; evaluates studies and sector-related project documentation.
- Employ appropriate methodologies for handling simple and complex procurement tasks and/or issues.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in telecommunications, engineering, computer science, law, economics, public policy or related field with a minimum of 8 year’s of experience in ICT / Digital Economy policy and regulation and/or ICT / Digital Economy project design and implementation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including ability to think strategically and innovatively about the role of digital technologies for socio-economic development and for transformation in other sectors of the economy.
- Prior work experience in India, in the South Asia region, and good knowledge of Digital Economy and Digital Infrastructure issues in the region is a plus.
- Strong technical and operational skills as evidenced in a record of participating in or leading / co-leading the delivery of projects within the Bank or similar type of projects/products for other entities.
- Strong understanding of digital technology and digitally enabled business model trends relevant to socio-economic development in the Asian context and enthusiasm to stay abreast of new innovations.
- Strong client engagement skills, taking responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or project success.
- Excellent written communication skills in English as demonstrated in a proven track record of effectively delivering technical information in a clear, easily understandable and effective lawmanner.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.