Deadline: 10 October 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Protection Manager in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The Area Protection Manager (PM) will be responsible for the day-to-day staff management and the management of the protection programming while ensuring quality implementation and donor compliance.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Area Protection Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Technical Support:
- In collaboration with the Protection Specialist, provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the protection team, and ensure that staff adhere to best-practices and professional standards and principles through capacity-building and on-the-job coaching.
- Identify technical gaps in the program and identify/implement solutions to address these gaps.
- Act as focal point for DRC partners in Bekaa and South, while leading the implementation of the agreed technical capacity building and coaching plan.
- Staff management:
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, orient new staff to the DRC and the Protection program; in addition to day to day management and supervision of the protection staff. Ensure that staff implement and respect best-practice and international standards in protection, GBV and Child protection.
- Build the capacity of the Protection Officers to improve their range of capabilities related to the protection program and its activities.
- Monitor staff working hours, complete performance review with staff, ensure respect of DRC Code of Conduct.
- Grant Implementation and Reporting:
- With the support of Area Program Manager and Protection Specialist, contribute to and provide field-related inputs for protection proposals during the proposal development process.
- Ensure the implementation of protection programming and protection-related grants, including appropriate and timely spending plans of grants to achieve program goals, grants reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
- Sector Coordination and representation:
- Actively participate in field-working groups (GBV, CP, PWG, etc) and co-chair the relevant working groups where relevant.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Oversee and ensure achievements of targets according to DRC and donors’ requirements through overall management of the protection programming (through the use of indicators performance trackers and project MEL tools).
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in implementation of protection programming; human rights and/or advocacy work.
- At least 2 years of previous Managerial experience: managing a department or a sector with multiple subordinates.
- Proven experience working in emergency settings.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating capacity-building initiatives, including trainings for colleagues and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, diplomacy skills, flexibility and pro-activeness.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Above average computer literacy (incl. Excel).
- Thorough understanding of best practices and strategies in protection programming (general protection, PWSN, legal, GBV, Child protection).
- Significant knowledge of International Human Rights and Refugee Law.
- Proven experience in community mobilization and community-based programming.
- Experience in training facilitation and inputting to training contents.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.