Deadline: 4 June 2020
World Vision International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Development Coordinator in Akkar, Lebanon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of World Vision International is to follow and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Development Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Handle Planning & coordination of field activities
- Responsible for all aspects of the project’s daily management, including logistics, administration, security, community and beneficiaries liaison.
- Develop and roll-out project management tools for the follow up on the child protection program (including but not limited to child protection committees, life skills, awareness raising etc..).
- Monitor the implementation and progress of the project(s) according to approved stated objectives, plan of action, budget and record progress by working closely with the Evidence, Learning and Accountability (ELA) unit and the Area Manager.
- Interact regularly with Area Manger and sector specialists, mainly Child Protection & Advocacy Technical Lead..
- Build relationships & capacities of the hosting and beneficiary community
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation.
- Gather intelligence for individual sector opportunities.
- Support the Area Manager in engaging and pre-position WV with NGOs and local partners to develop consortia whenever possible.
- Facilitate project visits by donors and other visitors.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree or higher education relevant to Social Studies, Education, Protection, Development Studies human rights, law or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 year’s of proven experience in implementation of Education/Child Protection/Protection programming; human rights and/or advocacy work.
- Strong understanding of community-led development standards and work.
- Development facilitation skills , including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups.
- Proven experience in community mobilization.
- Strong understanding of protection standards and main project models through understanding of best practices and strategies in protection and Education programming (protection monitoring, GBV, Child protection, ECCD).
- Significant knowledge of International Humanitarian principals, Human Rights and Refugee Law.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills including project Management cycle and tools.
- Experience in implementing projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills with ability to network and negotiate with partners and government bodies.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit World Vision International.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.