Deadline: 1 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Gender Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Gender Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Act as the principal resource person on gender issues, practices and policies relevant to the project context and activities .
- Analyse the gender related data collected through the application process and identify beneficiaries needs in terms of awareness and coaching.
- Conduct a gender equality awareness campaign to the men and women beneficiaries of the Project using the awareness tools developed in the frame of the GCP/LEB/030/CAN.
- Provide guidance to the project stakeholders to ensure gender is mainstreamed in the project interventions.
- Provide guidance to the Project inputs suppliers and to the selected NGOs on the gender equality and women empowerment concepts and practices.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Social or Natural Sciences studies or other relevant discipline, preferably with a specialization in gender and women empowerment
- Minimum 5 year’s practical experience in gender equality, gender mainstreaming and women empowerment.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
- Very good reporting capabilities in English and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.