Deadline: 25 November 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health, Safety, and Security Coordinator in Beirut, Lebanon.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health, Safety, and Security Coordinator will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that NRC’s safety and security policies are implemented at country office level.
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs and mitigation measures.
- Monitor, track, and analyze incidents and contextual trends.
- Train staff in health, safety, and security and provide regular briefings and updates.
- Report all breaches of health, safety, and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities, or assets.
- Liaise with UN agencies, NGOs, local authorities and other external actors to share and gain security information.
- Prepare security updates, take action as required and generate reports as required.
- Promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards and principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
Applicants must have:
- 3 year’s of experience in in health, safety, and security in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in law enforcement or military.
- Experience in staff management, mentoring, couching, training.
- Knowledge of the context in Lebanon.
- Knowledge of computer Office 365 and Microsoft programs.
- Knowledge of operational risk management.
- Knowledge of cooperate risk management an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.