Deadline: 2 March 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer (Cash for Work) in Lebanon.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Actively lead the implementation of the cash for work activities in a way that ensures coherence between field implementation, technical guidelines and commitments outlined in the project proposal.
- Act as the main liaison between communities, municipalities and the DRC office in all program-related issues; maintain good relationships with participants, and professional relationships with local stakeholders and authorities.
- Organize and participate in focus group discussions with the community to validate the CfW projects suggested by the municipalities and make sure that the vision and interest of the communities are respected in the final selection of the CfW projects.
- Design the Cash-for-Work activities, including the procurement, workload for each worker, timeline for the project itself and report accordingly to the Livelihoods team leader on a regular basis.
- Ensure strong engagement and communication with participants targeted in DRC Livelihoods program and make sure their work place is safe and dignified, and make sure that enquiries are answered in a timely manner, in coordination with the MEAL hotline.
- Work closely with the rest of the Livelihoods team and the MEAL to support coordination between various project activities, as well as coordination between communities and municipalities in order to ensure integrated programming and streamlined communication; under the overall supervision of the Livelihoods team leader.
- Follow up and track the budget related to the CfW projects and report to the Livelihoods team leader, and coordinate with finance when relevant regarding the budget for this activity.
Applicant must have:
- 3 years’ minimum experience with NGOs in Livelihoods, Cash, Shelter or related sectors, or in the engineering construction sector, which would include experience with the following activities:
- Implementation of Cash-for-Work projects, rehabilitation and shelter related projects
- Implementation of Cash for Work Projects integrated in Community Support Projects
- Cash delivery mechanism and modalities
- Community mobilization
- Experience managing teams
- Experience in external coordination with various stakeholders
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.