Deadline: 4 October 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Beirut, Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in data gathering, processing and analysis, database management and accounting.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.