Deadline: 24 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Verify the planned distribution of food assistance, report issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Assist in planning M&E activities for all food assistance and livelihoods programs conduct in the field office in alignment with WFP’s policies and directions.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of Ecards and program checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of Ecards.
- Assist in compiling, consolidating and cleaning data at field a level to support operational decision making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support program reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing regular field monitoring and M&E progress reports for various programs including direct food assistance, livelihoods and retail sector.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in social sciences, economy, nutrition, agriculture or other related fields is an advantage.
- At least 4 year’s progressively responsible experience in the field of education, humanitarian assistance, retail business, nutrition, livelihoods, agriculture, refugee operation or other related field with at least 1 year’s experience in the humanitarian field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.