Deadline: 26 October 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The National Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the project timely implementation, monitoring, and evaluation through management functions, including the provision of technical and administrative supervision to the project team in line with the ILO policy, rules, and regulations and according to the final project document and work plan.
- Contribute with creative ideas for programme/project development and draft portions of programme and budget proposals, project proposals, programme background, project reviews, and evaluation. Monitor progress of ILO programs, projects, and activities by reviewing, verifying and analyzing work plans, progress reports, final reports, and other data for clarity, consistency, and completeness.
- Identify problems, propose solutions and action and follow-up with relevant departments at headquarters and regional office, executing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Provide or ensure access to legal and policy advice to the social partners on issues related to the effective implementation of the fundamental principles and rights at work, with a particular emphasis on gender equality.
- Organize training programmes and awareness-raising activities to improve understanding of fundamental principles and rights at work, with a focus on gender equality and equal opportunities.
- Undertake mapping exercises and researches to identify the most suitable training service providers at the national level in the areas of management and leadership for women in a junior or mid-level management position.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in gender studies, economics, social sciences, human resource management or related field and strong knowledge on gender issues.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in project management, administration and implementation of grant/cooperative agreement requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports).
- Proven experience in designing, planning and implementing project activities that support gender equality.
- Work experience in a membership organization as an asset.
- Experience in gender organizational assessment as an asset.
- Excellent English and Arabic languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.