Deadline: 5 March 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant (Livelihoods) in Beirut, Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide specialized project management support to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets, and are inline following WFP’s policies and procedures,
- Support communication and coordination between country office and field offices on implementation, including field-level monitoring, coordination with partners and other stakeholders,
- Conduct field visits as needed in the areas of implementation in coordination with country-office and field-based staff,
- Ensure effective communication and support to the Cooperating Partners, including needed capacity building, ensuring implementation is in-line with WFP’s norms and standards,
- Provide support on routine business methods and practices to colleagues to ensure services are timely delivered and to the required standards,
- Document best practices and lessons learnt from the project for future integration and scaling in the wider Livelihoods Programme,
- Provide for support to the wider Livelihoods Programme,
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education. University degree in agriculture, environmental sciences, development or other field relevant to international development assistance is a plus.
- At least four (4) years of progressive experience in livelihoods, food systems and/or development programming, project management, technical and vocational education and training, and private sector, start-up, and other innovative initiatives supporting job.
- Fluency in both oral and written in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.