Deadline: 24 October 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Budget Specialist in Beirut, Lebanon.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Budget Specialist will perform following functions-
- Serve as the focal person, supervising the programme budget officer for contribution management in all matters relating to the multiple number of contributions received by the country office, and ensure appropriate allocation, utilization and reporting of mobilized resources in close coordination with management, programme managers, RO, PARMO, DFAM and other relevant offices.
- Participate and facilitate donor meetings, evaluation, verification exercises and other donor related requirement to provide financial and budget advice to programme staff.
- Serve as the focal person for donor reports, regularly review the multiple number of donor reports to ensure the accurate and timely submission of high quality reports supervising the reports officer; coordinate with the management and programme team to ensure timely submission of budget modifications and financial reports; closely monitor due dates for financial reports; Provide guidance and support in processing draft contribution agreements, taking into consideration the changing donor environment and requirements.
- Oversee the follow up done by the programme budget officer to ensure timely utilization of all contributions in conjunction with management and programme managers, taking into account the increasing complexity of the changing donor requirements, and increased value of donor funding being received by the country office.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration or Project Management; or a first university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience including 2 years of progressively responsible experience in contribution management and the development of donor reports and proposals.
- Developing country work experience and familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the local language (Arabic and French) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.