Deadline: 3 September 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant in Tripoli, Lebanon.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Ensure CB PSS is delivered in line with global minimum standards and national inter-agency SOPs/standards.
- Identify safe spaces to provide community based PSS (CB PSS) that adhere to the quality checklists for center-based and outreach activities shared at the inter-agency level, identify and train community focal points and Community Based Group (CBG) members to deliver CB PSS, including SDC facilitators.
- Deliver CB PSS to children and caregivers, hence, successfully handing over to the trained facilitators.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to CB PSS facilitators on DRC’s CB PSS and training curriculum.
- Ensure that CB PSS Facilitators and CBG members identify and refer children and caregivers in need of further specialized/non-specialized services is successfully happening.
- Support DRC PSSCBO, partner’s officers and CBGs in leading the sensitization sessions and events, including community-led initiatives.
- Ensure the proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies) during CB PSS (attendance sheets, permission slips, parental consent, referrals etc.).
Applicants must have:
- At least 1 year experience providing coaching, training and mentoring on PSS activities with children and caregivers.
- At least 1 year experience working with community based groups implementing protection activities.
- Excellent communication, psychosocial first aid skills and facilitation skills.
- Excellent capacity building, training, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Good knowledge of CP and GBV case management principles.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.