Deadline: 22 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Supply & Logistics Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon.
The Senior Supply & Logistics Assistant will be responsible to support the development of and implement distribution and supply plans for the Education section in accordance with the UNICEF Rules and Regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Supply & Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the planning of designs for appropriate logistics systems including warehousing and in-country transport capacity as well as the implementation of the plans.
- Ensure service provider performance including use of key performance indicators.
- Assesses partner logistics capacity and proposes and participates in appropriate partner development activities.
- Participate in programme planning, both internal as well as with partners, and advises on logistics considerations.
- Ensure funds availability for in-country warehousing, movement and distribution.
- Ensure appropriate processes and systems are in place to ensure efficiency of the logistics operations (e.g. transport requests, upstream and downstream supply monitoring, receipt and dispatch of goods).
- Ensure appropriate planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of logistics operations.
- Establish and maintain logistics plans and delivery plans further to supply availability plans.
- Establish routing and scheduling plans for in country distribution.
- Coordinate shipment planning with zone offices.
- Issue delivery schedules to programme for confirmation.
- Raise logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritization.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education is required.
- University degree in a relevant discipline is an advantage (supply chain management, business administration, international economics, engineering, international development, contract/commercial law or disciplines directly related to logistics operations or UNICEF programme areas).
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in logistics and supply chain management.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.