Deadline: 25 September 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Victim Assistance Officer in Beirut, Lebanon.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Victim Assistance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Explore current used scopes related to Victim Assistance concept and propose steps forward for a defined and harmonized scope and approach to VA (including definition of victims and categories);
- Identify VA needs for the Mine Action Sub Cluster based on the data received from partners and propose monthly analysis to identify trends and priorities;
- Analyse existing data collection systems on victims/Injured people and propose steps forward to develop consolidated data collection system on victims;
- Maintain a register of Victims Assistance activities, verifying and updating the victim data collection mechanism, in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders;
- Identify the existing Victim Assistance capabilities and gaps on following services: medical care including first aid capacity in the affected communities, rehabilitation, psychological and psycho-social support, education, social inclusion, and economic inclusion;
- Provide relevant information and inputs for reports, public information content, and all other UNMAS documentation concerning VA;
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in relevant subject matter such as education, social work, social sciences or related field with minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- First level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in relevant subject matter such as education.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in implementing projects or programmes in the area of social work.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge Arabic is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.