Deadline: 29 January 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Agricultural Extension Specialist in Monrovia, Liberia. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Agricultural Extension Specialist will perform the following function
- Organize an online stakeholders’ consultation-workshop to present, discuss and adopt the action plan for improving the linkages of Extension and Research in the country at organizational and managerial levels.
- Develop priorities operational plan that includes concrete actions, means and timeline for implementation of the AEAS and the CARI strategic plan.
- Provide technical support to agricultural extension Technical Committee for the preparation of the extension policy.
- Assist in the organization of the personnel and Business center mangers training in Agriculture Extension programs conducted.
- Support coaching and mentorship activities for the established business Centers.
- Prepare case studies, guidelines, reports, publications and presentations in support of project timely delivery.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in agriculture sciences, extension and agriculture research, sciences or other fields related to the FAO mandate.
- 7-10 year’s experience the field of Extension or with experience in AEAS systems development in Liberia.
- Strong Experience of work with AEAS system or with large capacity in term of programme development organizational capacity for AEAS development to improve the working relationship with agricultural research.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese.
- Nationality of Liberia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.