Deadline: 3 December 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Forestry & Natural Resource Management in Monrovia, Liberia.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Forestry & Natural Resource Management will perform the following functions-
- Soil laboratory equipment procurement
- Support the procurement team in preparing procurement documents including the technical specifications for all equipment and reagents, and in evaluating the offers.
- Ensure the inclusion of installation, training, maintenance services and warranty notes in the technical specifications.
- Monitor and report on procurement progress to project stakeholders.
- Lead the team receiving the equipment and facilitate the delivery to the University of Liberia laboratory as well as the Ministry of Agriculture.
- Capacity Development Activities
- Collaboration with decentralized colleagues, prepare concept notes for all training activities.
- Liaise with partner institutions undertaking the training and facilitate travel and logistical support.
- Liaise with government partners facilitating all preparations for capacity development activities.
- Prepare detailed reports on training activities and assist the FAO Liberia office communications officer in publicizing all capacity development activities in local press as well as social media.
- Ensure that capacity development activities are implemented in due time as per the work plan in the project document.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in natural science, environmental science, agriculture, forestry, economics, international development or similar field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in implementing natural resources management or demonstrated experience in similar field.
- Familiarity with the Liberia soils information system soil laboratory procurement.
- Experience in forestry, fisheries, tenure of land and management of complex development projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Experience with projects funded by international donors.
- Experience in leading and building project teams to set and achieve clear goals.
- Experience in planning, managing, implementing and monitoring projects that are consistent with agreed work plans and key performance indicators.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong partnership building and networking skills involving multiple types of partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Nationality of Liberia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.