Deadline: 10 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Resource Mobilization Specialist in Monrovia, Liberia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Resource Mobilization Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for programmes and/or sector to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on children issues are available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts for setting priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Monitor and analyze humanitarian trends and new partnership opportunities in support of UNICEF humanitarian interventions.
- Enhance relationship with donors through setting up regular meetings between UNICEF management, the technical sections and existing/potential donors, phone calls, updates, briefing sessions, briefing notes and donor visits.
- Write up briefing notes, reports and information as needed by HQ/RO, coordinate donors proposal, follow-up, facilitate meetings with donors, keep record, track progress and update the tracking matrix.
- Liaise between technical sections, potential donors and inform of potential funding opportunities. Review, edit and finalize donor reports compilation, ensure quality and submission by the programme sections, quality and timeliness, in line with the standards and requirements of each and every specific donor.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking funds for internal and external reporting on funding status and pipeline.
- Follow the developments globally in the field of fundraising securing access to cutting edge expertise within the area.
- Keep track of competitor performance in new media fundraising and analyze trends.
- Maintain a network of leading donors in the area.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Marketing, Economics, Communication, Fundraising or Business Administration, Up to date knowledge of new media and fundraising and other social science field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, reporting, programme monitoring and evaluation and International level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.