Deadline: 28 September 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Tripoli, Libya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Invoice Registering and Processing:
- Serve as one entry point for all invoices, stamp them with date of reception.
- Process & safeguard Payment documents
- Follow up to get checks/OP signed.
- Petty cash custodian back-up
- Make disbursements from petty cash funds, maintain records of these disbursements and balances accounts, as required (in the absence of main custodian).
- Record DCT refund and other receivables
- Monitor deposits of cash receipts on UNICEF bank accounts; Initiate all receivables including DCT refund in Vision.
- General Administrative Duties
- Ensure proper scanning and renaming of all invoices to be submitted to GSSC.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education preferably with first level (Bachelor’s) University Degree in financial management related fields such as Accountancy or Finance and administration.
- Minimum 3 year’s progressively responsibilities in accounts, Finance and administrative work experience is required.
- Experience in a UN system agency or international organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of financial rules, regulations, procedures, and work processes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.