Deadline: 17 October 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Assistant in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Monitor on-going shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and other data, identify and brief supervisor of any unforeseen problems pertaining to discharge, clearing operations, deliveries, etc and recommend solutions / corrective actions.
- Initiate clearance process which includes but not limited to timely submission of requests with relevant Ministry upon receipt of complete documents of shipments procured internationally.
- Evaluate quality, quantity and safety of the international shipments and arrange for their distribution and delivery.
- Manage the local procurement process and follow up with relevant project officer (s) as well as with suppliers/service providers to ensure compliance with WHO guidelines and to achieve best value for money.
- Generate different POs i.e.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in the field of supply/logistics/procurement.
- University Degree in business administration, logistics management or related field is an asset.
- At least 8 year’s related experience in the field of supply/logistics and/procurement
- Relevant experience in the UN system
- Good knowledge of WHO systems, procedures and practices.
- Expert knowledge of English and Local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.