Deadline: 17 October 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Identify the proper procurement method and potential suppliers.
- Issue offer solicitations, communicate and negotiate with suppliers when needed.
- Evaluate and analyze the received offers and recommend the awarded suppliers.
- Ensure that the prices are reasonable and that the technical/admin clearances are obtained.
- Prepare the adjudication reports with recommendations for review and approval.
- Create and process requisitions for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner, monitor status and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, supplemented by training in procurement/logistics.
- University Degree in business administration, social sciences, pharmacy, procurement or a related field is an asset.
- At least 8 year’s relevant working experience in procurement.
- Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize in difficult and complex situations and especially under pressure.
- Expert knowledge of English and Local language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.