Deadline: 16 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Tripoli, Libya.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Facilitate the development of programme cooperation agreements (PCAs) by providing information and drafting selected sections of it.
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording and administrative processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests for direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF focus districts for cash and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Conduct regular spot checks of partner’s projects to assess their financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants and programme-related items for his/her section including but not limited to registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for supervisor and team on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or University courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint.
- Depth knowledge of the administration which underpins UNICEF country office programme/project operations, including monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong office management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
- Good analytical skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.