Deadline: 19 January 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Analyst in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Effective administration and implementation of project strategies and activities in close coordination with Libyan MOI and MOJ Joint Technical Committee for the Programme through carrying out the following tasks
- Provide technical support the implementation of activities related to police, justice and correction, to ensure objectives as stipulated in AWP are met, relationships are strategically managed with sensitivity.
- Remain abreast of the criminal justice system trends and applied concepts, advising on the possible new opportunities for intervention and associated risks.
- Provide advice on and support development of organizational structure of the Judicial Police Department and the corrections facilities, standard operating procedures, standing orders and other operational guidance particularly improving an effective mobilization system and security corrections system.
- Provide advice/update situation of criminal justice system mainly criminal courts, prosecutors offices and CID, with a focus on connection to the overall human rights situation.
- Provide effective support to management
- In close consultation with the Project Manager and advisory support of relevant project assistant and operation colleagues, contributes to the elaboration of budgets for all activities in the programme portfolio and the continuous monitoring of project work plans.
- Ensure integrity of financial and administrative operations in the project through oversight of financial and budgetary aspects of the projects.
- Ensure strict and consistent application of UNDP rules and regulations and ensures the implementation of clear accountability mechanisms throughout the project portfolio.
- Participate in internal control mechanisms for adherence to UNDP rules and regulations in contracts, assets, procurement and recruitment.
- Support on requirement management based on the AWP within the budget lines.
- Provide administrative support for the preparation and facilitation events, including workshops and trainings.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree preferably in criminology, peace, conflict and security, economics, business or public administration, political or social science, law, international studies, development studies or any other related field is a requirement.
- Combination of a first level university degree in a relevant field and minimum 4 year’s relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant fields desirable but not a requirement.
- 2 year’s (if holding advance university degree) or 4 year’s relevant experience (if holding a first level university degree) relevant experience at the national or international level is required.
- Proven track record of successfully assuming responsibilities of similar size and complexity.
- Technical expertise in policing, law, social cohesion, peace and/or conflict and/or other directly related fields.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Knowledge of UN/UNDP policies and procedures will be advantageous.
- Experience in inter-agency coordination of development or humanitarian assistance, and working with the United Nations, is desirable.
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in the English and Arabic.
- Nationality of Libya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.