Deadline: 4 October 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Protection Assistant (Case Management) in Tripoli, Libya.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Protection Assistant (Case Management) will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of community mapping exercises and outreach under the guidance of Protection Team leader and Protection officer.
- Coordination with the Protection Officer, conduct service mapping of international and local actors.
- Maintain a strong rapport with the community focal points, external actors and beneficiaries.
- Ensure that relevant program tools, forms and SOPs and the applicable professional standards related to protection and humanitarian interventions are adhered to.
- Support protection officer as needed in data collection activities, assessments and related programme activities.
- Representation and coordination
- Coordination with the Protection Team leader and Officer, represent DRC to a range of stakeholders including individual beneficiaries and community groups, humanitarian agencies, services providers, local authorities, etc.
- Ensure professional standards and transparent communication to build trust and collaboration with concerned stakeholders.
- Operations support
- Support the coordination of programme activities as they relate to logistics, administration, finances or security as relevant, in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Ensure the compliance of staff with the relevant internal policies and directives.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in the field of social sciences, political affairs, humanitarian affairs, international law, development or any other related field.
- 1 –2 year’s experience in the field of humanitarian interventions, social work, case management, human rights or community development, preferably with an international humanitarian organization.
- Experience in responding to needs of particularly vulnerable individuals and groups using analyses of age, gender, and diversity and other criteria.
- Strong skills in communication (Written and oral), interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the migration context in Libya and of the protection issues affecting migrants and refugees.
- Knowledge of case management process, steps and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.