Deadline: 30 September 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Team Leader (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in Tripoli, Libya.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Team Leader (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) will perform the following functions:
- Project planning, activity relevance, quality and creation
- Under the supervision of the WASH Manager, support and set up the monitoring plan according to logical framework, Activity Progress Updates.
- Propose technical approaches, assist with the financial layout, workforce and logistics for the activities that are to be implemented.
- Collect information and assist in the quality analysis of the activities carried out.
- Project implementation and operational monitoring
- Provide technical support and solutions on difficulties of Construction or HP activities to his/her team.
- Implement activities in accordance with DRC technical requirements and financial donor criteria.
- Ensure that the activities for which s/he is responsible reach the required results.
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries to the sites.
- Daily update and management of data-gathering and tracking tools used to monitor the project.
Applicants must have:
- 3 year’s experience in hygiene promotion and similar role in WASH, development and/or humanitarian sector is an advantage.
- 3 year’s experience in managing team and field staff.
- Experience working on construction and engineering projects is an asset.
- Experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of distribution and/or NFI and/or shelter and/or WASH programming is an advantage.
- Experience working on projects funded UNHCR, IOM, UNICEF and ECHO is an advantage.
- Experience with digital data gathering platforms and tools (such as Kobo), including design of formats and evaluation of data.
- Experience in administration and logistics an advantage.
- Knowledge in using AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Ability to think methodically and to manage projects using strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.