Deadline: 24 March 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Cash and Livelihood Officer in Kousseri, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 9 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Cash and Livelihood Officer is to be responsible to participate in the effective implementation of cash transfer / livelihood activities.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Cash and Livelihood Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Prepare plans for the effective implementation of cash transfer / livelihood activities that target the most vulnerable and contribute to strengthening the resilience of targeted rural communities.
- Identify, prioritize and support communities to implement livelihood activities that are less responsive to existing and potential risks and resilient to the contextual dynamics of the crisis.
- Design, develop and provide necessary training to target communities to develop their skills and livelihood capacities resilient to the contextual dynamics of the crisis.
- Develop strategies to improve productivity and household income through agriculture and livestock activities, IGAs, small trades, vocational training, networking early warning hazards and livelihoods, sustainable use of natural resources, promotion of CCA technologies and approaches in agriculture, promotion of crop and livestock insurance, cash grants and microfinance / cooperatives / credit unions).
- Design and implement a plan for targeting and transparent selection of TM / livelihood beneficiaries based on clear selection criteria and participatory methods.
- Plan and implement cash transfer distribution and monitoring activities to enable beneficiary households to meet their basic needs and / or support resilient livelihoods.
- Facilitate the capacity building of project staff and volunteers in TM / resilient livelihoods and provide timely technical support for the preparation and submission of funding requests, budget revisions and financial reports.
- Ensure consistent application of anti-corruption policy and the risk of mitigation measures based on environmental protection / climate change and gender, disability and other vulnerabilities in all aspects of activities TM / resilient livelihoods of the project.
- Develop narrative reports, updates and studies of TM / livelihood activities of the project.
- Establish and maintain close coordination and cooperation with implementing partners and vocational training centers, authorities, communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders for implementation in accordance with local policies.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of effective coordination and synergies between project livelihoods and other activities (eg EDUCATION, ICLA, WASH) through the sharing of experiences, tools and lessons learned and development of successful case histories.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Graduate in Economics, International Development, Sociology / Psychology, Agronomy or Nutrition, or relevant significant and equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in livelihoods and cash transfer implementation working in the field of local development, community mobilization, monitoring of economic recovery activities.
- Demonstrated technical skills in coordinating and developing activities related to Monetary Transfer, Agriculture, Livestock, Vocational Training, Entrepreneurship; microfinance, credit unions and small business development.
- Experience in project management, including project planning and monitoring.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and ability to work in a large team of volunteers.
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Excellent understanding of the processes of identification, selection and registration of beneficiaries with community involvement.
- Ability and broken in the conduct of cash transfer activities the distribution of non-food items in a humanitarian setting.
- Proficiency in the development of business plans and their implementation.
- Knowledge of some languages, cultures and local traditions (Arabic choa, kanouri and kotoko)
- The ability to speak English fluently is an asset.
- Nationality of Cameroon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.