Deadline: 24 February 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Economic Recovery Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economic Recovery Officer will perform the following functions:
- Act as the main liaison between communities, municipalities and the DRC office in all program-related issues.
- Organize and participate in focus group discussions with the community to validate the CFW projects suggested by the municipalities and make sure that the vision and interest of the communities are respected in the final selection of the CFW projects.
- Design the Cash-for-Work activities, including the procurement, workload for each worker, timeline for the project itself and report accordingly to the EcRec team leader on a regular basis.
- Ensure strong engagement and communication with participants targeted in DRC EcRec program and make sure their work place is safe and dignified, and make sure that enquiries are answered in a timely manner, in coordination with the MEAL hotline.
- Follow up and track the budget related to the CfW projects and report to the EcRec team leader, and coordinate with finance when relevant regarding the budget for this activity.
- Act as internal focal point for the distribution and monitoring of project materials, equipment and refreshments and ensure that the purchased supplies are tracked and used properly by the beneficiaries, workers and municipalities on field.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor University degree preferably in engineering.
- 2 year’s minimum experience with NGOs in Livelihoods, Cash, Shelter or related sectors, or in the engineering construction sector.
- Experience managing teams.
- Experience in external coordination with various stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.