Deadline: 4 February 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Livelihood and Food Security Officer -Cash and Voucher Assistance (LFS/CVA) in Bundibugyo, Uganda. The duration of this post is 11 months.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Livelihood and Food Security Officer will perform the following functions-
- Mobilize and sensitize communities on multipurpose cash distributions as per context of affected persons.
- Participate in the selection of beneficiaries targeted to benefit from the project with guidance from the community, the district and the Field Coordinator/Area Manager.
- Identify implementation opportunities for cash based interventions and market based programmes and support staff implement quality timely programmes.
- Contribute to creating an enabling environment for the implementation of cash based interventions, working with support teams in the institutionalization of cash.
- Design criteria for multipurpose cash distribution as per context of the beneficiaries and support the distribution process.
- In liaison with M&E conduct Post distribution monitoring to collect accurate project related information/Data for reporting.
- Ensure collection and documentation of project significant impact stories.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual documentation of project Reports are submitted in time as per expected timelines of the project.
- Represent NRC in coordination meetings organized by the district or other implementing partners.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Experience working in a project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working with Cash&Voucher Assistance systems and tools (market assessment, cash monitoring).
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Skills and knowledge of market analysis and cash based interventions.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience working on Cash and Livelihoods/Food security project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience with community-based projects/activities.
- Experience with multi-sectoral and integrated Cash and Livelihoods programming.
- Professional knowledge of cash transfer modalities/systems.
- Experience with early recovery /reconstruction projects is an asset.
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation would be beneficial.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.