Deadline: 13 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Livelihood Officer in Palghar, India.
The Livelihood Officer will be responsible for planning, implementation, management, monitoring and coordination of the livelihood related activity and achievements of its results. The Livelihood Officer will have the responsibility of overseeing the livelihood activities in field of agri and allied activity like dairy, poultry and Warli.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Livelihood Officer will perform the following functions-
- Strengthen Self Help Groups/Producer Groups/Farmer Groups/community-based organisation/Village Organisations/Cluster Level federation in Talasari promoted under ITDP/UMED/other government schemes for livelihood activities
- Strengthen the existing SHG, VO & CLF and other community institutions as well as government system so that they can complete in local and national market for agri & allied business.
- Strengthen the community cadres so that they can support the SHG, VO & CLF and other community institutions to complete in market for agri & allied business.
- Strengthen Agri and Allied Market Linkages
- Provide leadership to implementing partners and community institutions for building supply chain with private sector and local markets in agri commodities, poultry, goatery, dairy, jasmine, warli art etc.
- Provide mentorship to community cadres on finding market linkages and value chain development of the products.
- Improve income of warli artisans through sales of Warli products
- Strengthening warli art Interventions focused on creating ecosystem for institution building, capacity building and market linkage in the next three years and bring more resource for it through convergence.
- Facilitate strengthening of cadres through more trainings on variety of topics like product development, e-commerce management, business development and meeting business targets for their producer groups will ensure sustainability of institutions.
- Provide leadership on developing an effective ecosystem which helps Warli artisan’s households to upgrade their skill and link effectively with market.
- Assist Project Officer-Uddyam in Project Management and Coordination with donors, stakeholders and effective communication of results
- Ensure close coordination and strong partnerships with all partners and stakeholders like MSRLM, relevant Government Line Department, ITIs, schools, civil society organization etc.
- Backstop technical advisers in the process and creation of project related publications, reports, research papers, and presentations, ensure that information available is accurate.
- Facilitate documentation of livelihood activities on periodic basis and ensure that learnings from them are incorporated in the further stages of the project.
- Monitor and ensure timely delivery of results from the implementation partners.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Social Sciences preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Governance, social science or rural management related discipline.
- BSc. Agriculture background preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Governance, social science or rural management related discipline with relevant professional qualification and necessary knowledge to undertake the assignment.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in implementation of livelihood project, donor assisted projects or development agencies with focus on project management, institutional development and capacity building of non-profit organisation; partnership development and management with private sector and government institutions and development sector public sector institutions.
- Experience in managing agriculture sector-based livelihood project is mandatory.
- Experience in building supply chain for community-based organisation for agri-allied products will be mandatory.
- Experience in managing dairy/ poultry/ goat rearing/ bee keeping/ warli art activities/ skills-based livelihood project will be preferred.
- Working knowledge and skills in IT (MS office) is a prerequisite for the assignment.
- Ability to perform effectively as a good team member and equally capable to undertake independent assignments.
- Basic understanding of technical requirement of agriculture/dairy/poultry/goat rearing/ bee keeping/ warli art activities will be an additional advantage.
- Fluency in English and Marathi (mandatory).
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.