Deadline: 7 July 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods and Cash Database officer in Ramadi, Iraq. The duration of this post is 5 months.
The Livelihoods and Cash Database officer will assist in the day to day implementation of the program portfolios.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods and Cash Database officer will perform the following functions:
- Work closely with the livelihoods and cash staff (Project Coordinator, officers and assistants) to ensure that data collected for NRC’s Programme livelihoods and cash activities is processed and analysed in relation to Programme objectives.
- Design, build and maintain an online or network database storing the most up-to-date data from NRC’s area of responsibility.
- Design and maintain the project’s online filing system to ensure that data and updated information is archived for easy access and reference.
- Design and maintain mobile data collection (or equivalent like Kobo toolkit) and analysis system for the programme.
- Report daily/weekly progress to livelihoods and Project Manager.
- Work closely with Field teams to ensure that the information brought back from the field is able to be quickly transferred to database systems.
- Reporting cash and livelihoods data on GORS.
- Share database information with consortium partners.
- Conduct duplication checking with databases from other agencies.
- Provide data summarise forms that may be requested by programme for reporting.
- Preparation of MPCA, business grants and other items beneficiary distribution lists.
- Protection of beneficiary database.
- Recording of job seekers information in a database in the community hubs and facilitate referrals.
- Preparation of final project beneficiary data and ensuring the data is up to date.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the PC or Project Manager.
Applicants must have:
- University graduate in a relevant field(s) with minimum 1 year experience in a Database position and in humanitarian/recovery settings, especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic and previous work experience in Iraq will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in designing and implementing database systems for analytical research.
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office Suite, MS Access, SQL, and Google Earth or other GIS software.
- Ability to build and maintain database systems in MS Access and SQL.
- Ability to prioritise needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Natioality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.