Deadline: 24 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods and Cash Programme Development Manager in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Livelihoods and Cash Programme Development Manager who will be responsible for mentoring, and technical training and capacity building of NRC staff and local partners involved in the implementation of NRC’s Syria Response Office Livelihoods & Food Security programmes as well as responsible for the consolidation of the LFS Strategy.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods and Cash Programme Development Manager will perform following functions:
- Develop Livelihoods & Cash Programme strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs.
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, Core Compentecy tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports.
- Overall management of project staff.
- Coordinate and manage Livelihoods & Food Security project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Programme Strategy
- Develop and implement market based strategies and approaches NRC’s that promote economic and food security in line with overall NRC Country and Regional Strategy.
- Collaborate with all other Core Competencies on assessments, analysis, design and implementation of integrated programs that promote the recovery of livelihoods and employment in the areas of intervention.
- Design and implement labour market analysis and Household Economy Analysis to inform program design.
- Project Cycle Management
- Lead and represent NRC on the technical management of the Syria Resilience Consortium.
- Lead on the elaboration of new proposals, interim and final reports related to LFS, by providing technical inputs and ensuring consistency with NRC Programme Strategy.
- Cash-based programming
- Support the consideration and inclusion of cash-based interventions and market based approaches within (and across) NRC core competency responses, where appropriate.
- Contribute to the institutionalization of cash-based interventions and market based programmes though capacity building and interdepartmental engagement.
- Donor Engagement & Fundraising
- Contribute to Funding Strategy for Syria Response by mapping Livelihoods, Food Security, & Resilience donors.
- Represent NRC in any Food Security/Livelihoods coordination mechanisms as appropriate.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Together with M&E staff, design and implement appropriate M&E system and tools for livelihoods programming in order to measure quality programming and evaluate impact, cost-effectiveness and relevance of specific activities.
Applicants must have:
- Significant experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context, a strong background in economics, private sector development, business administration, statistics, or related fields will also help them to succeed in this role.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical Livelihoods and Economics expertise.
- Proven experience on developing and implementing cash-based programming.
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the context in Syria.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.