Deadline: 27 November 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Assistant in Adjumani, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Livelihoods Assistant will support the delivery of the livelihood components to target refugee and host communities in Adjumani refugee settlements according to DRC’s internal policies and operations handbook and in compliance to donor procedures and program design.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Coordination/ Representation:
- Develop relationship with field level structures, authorities and community leaders as well as field level private and other stakeholders.
- In coordination with the Livelihoods officer, attend and represent the interest of DRC in the areas of your responsibility.
- Actively coordinate with the field staff of other DRC sectors and other organizations.
- Project development, implementation and reporting:
- Effectively implement the day to day activities according to plan and technical standards.
- Contribute in the development of projects through field experience and information sharing.
- Assist in meetings and trainings with stakeholders and target groups.
- Actively take part in quality data collection and timely reporting.
- Produce field records to contribute to the weekly, monthly and other reports.
- Ensure the delivery of items and other services to beneficiaries.
- Logistics /Finance Support:
- Support the Livelihood Officer to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on BFUs.
- Actively take part in the facilitation of purchase requests.
- Ensure effective use of resources in the field.
- Relationship Management:
- Maintain close and good relations with all relevant stakeholders including OPM, UNCHR, local authorities, other NGOs, CBOs and other DRC partners.
- Ensure required reports and information is shared with the direct supervisor in a timely and adequate manner;
- Timely provide relevant data and progress updates to project stakeholders as guided by Livelihood Officer and Team Leader, and the Area Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural extension, Animal husbandry, Forestry, Agri-business Management, Rural Innovations or other related field.
- In-depth understanding of agricultural extension services.
- Applicants with diploma and having experience of 4 year’s and above can apply.
- Knowledge of ERI/PAED methodology, rural innovations, value chain, market system development and private sector linkages are relevant.
- Knowledge and experience of VSLA and micro finance concepts and practice is desired.
- Experience in Enterprise selection and development/ Business development is relevant.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in relevant field with INGO or other agencies.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, representation and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing comprehensive activity reports.
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage varied workloads and deal constructively with stress.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Knowledge of any of the local languages spoken in Adjumani.
- Arabic is added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.