Deadline: 6 July 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Assistant in Erbil, Iraq.
The Livelihoods Assistant will responsible for implementing livelihoods projects in the field on daily base activities, liaising with relevant stakeholders, beneficiary’s registration and selection, and monitoring livelihood beneficiaries.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist the Livelihoods team in networking with the stakeholders such as local authorities, vocational and professional training centers, NGOs and INGOs and other relevant project partners.
- Livelihood project assistant is responsible in communicating and mobilizing for the livelihoods projects with the target communities according to the DRC SOPs, project objectives and processes.
- Beneficiary identification, registration and selection for the livelihood projects at the DRC Job Seeker Support Center.
- In cooperation with the livelihood officer and with the support from livelihood team leader collecting beneficiary’s data according to DRC selection criteria per each activity, including assisting and conducting the livelihoods counseling process.
- Implement livelihoods projects in the field following DRC procedures.
- Assist and lead the relevant livelihoods training courses to the beneficiaries such as: life skills, business management skills, employability, language skills trainings…etc.
- Work on multiple relevant livelihoods activities such as business grant, vocational trainings, cash for work, multi-purpose cash assistance (MPCA), job placement and community awareness activities as well as capacity building for the stakeholders.
- Conduct daily project site visits and write reports accordingly.
- Ensure that beneficiary documentation is correctly captured and filed for all the livelihoods activities.
- Monitor project sites, beneficiaries, distributions and following up daily on any issues that arise.
- Ensure that the project engages local stakeholders and develops local capacity for longer term sustainability.
- Any other assignment by the line manager, including preparation of logistic, procurement and finance requirements.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant education background.
- Understanding of DRC’s work and ability to follow up on project sites.
- A suitable qualification or experience in Development work.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Punctuality reliability and efficiency.
- Knowledge of Livelihoods activities.
- Good communication skills.
- Skill of problem solving.
- Ability of making decisions.
- Prior experience working with NGOs or INGOs.
- Experience with Livelihoods programs.
- English is an asset.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.