Deadline: 8 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Field Assistant in Daraa , Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Field Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Deliver Beneficiary Induction Sessions.
- Deliver counselling sessions for beneficiaries.
- Vocational training
- Monitor Trainers’ performance and ensure they are delivering within Scope of Work.
- Organize graduation ceremonies, exhibitions, bazaars.
- Followup on beneficiary motivation and engagement including dropouts.
- Organize beneficiaries’ transportation allowance; trainers and other partner staff.
- Distribute, and keep records and receipts, for toolkits disbursed.
- Be responsible for relevant activities supplies, assets and products – storage and management.
- Explain internship contract to beneficiaries.
- Monitor each intern at least twice a month in their place of work, focusing on skills development and work environment.
- Negotiate individual hosting arrangements.
- Income generation
- Follow business development skills training phase and daily activities including attendance and ensuring required logistics support is in place.
- Provide coaching to each start up business and asset replacement beneficiary on regular basis (twice a month for 6 months) using DRC tools, visit businesses, where feasible.
- Identify other technical support required and how to meet it as part of the coaching plan.
- Create mini Communities of Practice between similar MG/AR recipients.
- Support the establishment of approval mechanisms and tools for MGs/ARs.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Associate degree in technical field, social or educational counseling, business administration or commerce.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with NGO or initiative in related activities/projects in Syria.
- Preferably a university degree in relevant field.
- Preferably one year experience in implementing Livelihoods interventions.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
- Fluency in Arabic language.
- Average spoken & written English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.