Deadline: 8 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Field Assistant in Daraa , Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Field Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Deliver Beneficiary Induction Sessions.
- Deliver counselling sessions for beneficiaries.
- Vocational training
- Monitor Trainers’ performance and ensure they are delivering within Scope of Work.
- Organize graduation ceremonies, exhibitions, bazaars.
- Followup on beneficiary motivation and engagement including dropouts.
- Organize beneficiaries’ transportation allowance; trainers and other partner staff.
- Distribute, and keep records and receipts, for toolkits disbursed.
- Be responsible for relevant activities supplies, assets and products – storage and management.
- Explain internship contract to beneficiaries.
- Monitor each intern at least twice a month in their place of work, focusing on skills development and work environment.
- Negotiate individual hosting arrangements.
- Income generation
- Follow business development skills training phase and daily activities including attendance and ensuring required logistics support is in place.
- Provide coaching to each start up business and asset replacement beneficiary on regular basis (twice a month for 6 months) using DRC tools, visit businesses, where feasible.
- Identify other technical support required and how to meet it as part of the coaching plan.
- Create mini Communities of Practice between similar MG/AR recipients.
- Support the establishment of approval mechanisms and tools for MGs/ARs.
Applicants must have:
- Associate degree in technical field, social or educational counseling, business administration or commerce.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with NGO or initiative in related activities/projects in Syria.
- Preferably a university degree in relevant field.
- Preferably one year experience in implementing Livelihoods interventions.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
- Fluency in Arabic language.
- Average spoken & written English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.