Deadline: 1 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in Adjumani, Uganda.
The Livelihoods Officer is responsible for field activity implementation and the Development of Community Action Plan (CAP) component in Adjumani settlements, Uganda.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Represent the interests of DRC specific related meetings.
- Attend and represent the interests of DRC in specific meetings as directed by the Team Leader-Livelihoods.
- Actively coordinate within the jurisdiction of your responsibility.
- Represent DRC with the Local Authorities and other stakeholders in the districts of jurisdiction.
- Project development, implementation and reporting
- Contribute to concept and proposal development in the livelihoods and protection thematic areas.
- Contribute to the gap analysis in the areas of Livelihoods, Protection, Infrastructure, WASH and contribute in the development of new thematic areas according to analysis.
- Responsible for the day to day activity implementation through efficient and Effective way in the Community based on the required standards.
- Staff management
- With support and guidance from the Team Leaders, provide technical support to Community Development Workers/assistants where there is necessary.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the DRC staff members and community based mechanisms in Adjumani operational area as needed.
- Logistics /Finance
- Support Livelihoods Team Leader & Protection Team Leader to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against the budget and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different clusters.
- Initiate procurement and ensure their execution.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, General Agriculture, Human Rights and other related.
- Thematic trainings relevant to the position for instance; Institutional development, Participatory Rural Appraisal, P-FiM, FFS, Value chain development, Nutrition, project management, Life skills, Climate Smart Agriculture and Community Action Planning/related approach is a MUST.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the implementation of both development and Humanitarian projects including.
- Community Action Planning, PRA approaches, Protection mainstreaming, Livelihoods Programing, Community safety networks approaches.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills, Excellent analytical, negotiation, representation and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing comprehensive activity reports, knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages, Commitment to accountable practices.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience working in challenging environments, proven ability to manage varied workloads and deal constructively with stress.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor, Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.