Deadline: 30 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in Diyala, Iraq. The duration of this post is 7 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
- Manage the Livelihoods team in Anbar, assign tasks to the team members and manage the daily workplan.
- Ensure quality implementation of Livelihoods Activities including Cash for Work, Vocatinal trainings and Business Grants.
- Identify new areas of operations for livelihoods projects and conduct relevant assessments requested by the TL or PM in the target areas.
- Identify beneficiaries through DRC assessment tools and selection criteria in an.
- Liaise with the other DRC departments for coordination of work and referrals from and to livelihoods.
- Liaise with other relevant humanitarian actors in the area for coordination of work.
- Liaise with local authorities for implementation of livelihoods projects upon TL or PM requests.
- Ensure timely and technically sounds planning, implementation and follow up of livelihoods projects in the assigned area.
- Enhance the quality of livelihoods programming throughout the project cycle through initiatives such as beneficiary consultation, market analysis, and innovation, etc.
- Prepare and maintain up to date work plans, in line with project and budget documents.
- Identify any logistic and finance needs and prepare and submit accordingly any logistic and finance documents needed to the relevant department or to the focal point in Baghdad office.
- Document and archive logistic and finance documentations (such as PR, advance requests, etc.).
- Prepare and submit weekly report to supervisor and any regular qualitative reports within given timeframes.
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to implement and supervise livelihood activities.
- Contribute to refining of data collection, business proposals, reports, photos.
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with DRC’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donors requirements and international protection guidelines.
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to livelihoods is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods.
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of protection and AGD mainstreaming into DRC livelihoods programming.
- Any other duties as directed by the Livelihoods Manager.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Field experience.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in local language.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.