Deadline: 30 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in Diyala, Iraq. The duration of this post is 7 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC.
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
- Manage the Livelihoods team in Anbar, assign tasks to the team members and manage the daily workplan.
- Ensure quality implementation of Livelihoods Activities including Cash for Work, Vocatinal trainings and Business Grants.
- Identify new areas of operations for livelihoods projects and conduct relevant assessments requested by the TL or PM in the target areas.
- Identify beneficiaries through DRC assessment tools and selection criteria in an.
- Liaise with the other DRC departments for coordination of work and referrals from and to livelihoods.
- Liaise with other relevant humanitarian actors in the area for coordination of work.
- Liaise with local authorities for implementation of livelihoods projects upon TL or PM requests.
- Ensure timely and technically sounds planning, implementation and follow up of livelihoods projects in the assigned area.
- Enhance the quality of livelihoods programming throughout the project cycle through initiatives such as beneficiary consultation, market analysis, and innovation, etc.
- Prepare and maintain up to date work plans, in line with project and budget documents.
- Identify any logistic and finance needs and prepare and submit accordingly any logistic and finance documents needed to the relevant department or to the focal point in Baghdad office.
- Document and archive logistic and finance documentations (such as PR, advance requests, etc.).
- Prepare and submit weekly report to supervisor and any regular qualitative reports within given timeframes.
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to implement and supervise livelihood activities.
- Contribute to refining of data collection, business proposals, reports, photos.
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with DRC’s mandate, policies, procedures and country strategy, as well as with donors requirements and international protection guidelines.
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to livelihoods is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods.
- Ensure the respect of DRC Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and contribute to the integration of protection and AGD mainstreaming into DRC livelihoods programming.
- Any other duties as directed by the Livelihoods Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO.
- Field experience.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in local language.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.