Deadline: 9 April 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer in Tripoli, Lebanon.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Officer will perform the following functions:
- Actively support the Livelihood Team Leader in leading the implementation of the Livelihoods activities in Tripoli in a way that ensures coherence between planned activities and commitments outlined in project proposals.
- Lead the outreach process to vulnerable communities through municipalities, partner organization, social media, and in collaboration with other DRC programs.
- Ensure strong engagement with beneficiaries targeted in DRC Livelihoods program and make sure their enquiries are answered in a timely manner.
- Organize and perform socio-economic profiling and career counseling of potential beneficiaries to determine their vulnerability level and career and vocational interests.
- Map employers from private sector and conduct outreach to engage them in the possibility of hosting apprentices.
- Follow up and monitor apprenticeship placements to ensure a successful fit, a positive learning experience, and monitor compliance to grant requirements.
- Additionally, Map Training service providers and engage with them in the possibility of referring participants to their trainings.
- Follow up and monitor referred participants to ensure participants successfully received the needed service.
- Establish and maintain contact and productive working relationships with community representatives, local and international organizations, jobseekers/beneficiaries and employers.
- Monitor the quality of sessions for courses, follow up on curriculum development and execution and manage monthly cash payments to apprentices while ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Assist in conducting market assessment of the areas of intervention and determining program intervention priorities based on needs and existing resources.
- Support the Livelihoods Team Leader in developing budget forecast, workplans and tools for the projects.
- Keep track and produce reports on progress of activities and results and assist the Livelihoods Team Leader in drafting reports and providing inputs/analysis.
- Frequently conduct field visits to ensure a quality work from Livelihoods Assistants, contractual staff, and partners.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s University degree; preferably related to international development, economics, business, or education or extensive field experience in the sector as an equivalent.
- 2 year’s minimum experience with INGOs or local NGOs, preferably in Livelihoods, Food Security or related sectors, which would include experience in the following activities:
- Implementation of skills development and employability trainings programs (vocational trainings, apprenticeships..).
- Profile beneficiaries for vulnerability and providing career guidance.
- Conduct market assessments and employer mapping.
- Train and facilitate for staff and community groups.
- Excellent facilitation, listening and communication skills.
- Good understanding of key Livelihood-related issues in Lebanon within the context of both host and refugee community.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.