Deadline: 2 October 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Livelihoods Officer – Environment in Kiryandongo, Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Livelihood Officer – Environment will be responsible for the implementation of DRC Program in environment. The job is field based with frequent movement within the project Area (Kiryandongo).
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Livelihoods Officer – Environment will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Coordination/ Representation
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, coordinate with stakeholders, DRC environment related linkages representing the organization within its internal guidelines/standards and those of donors/partners in the districts of jurisdiction.
- Attend and represent the interests of DRC in all environment related meetings with the District Local Governments, lower local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Actively coordinate within the jurisdiction of your responsibility.
- Contribute and actively participate in internal and sector coordination meetings.
- Project development, implementation and reporting
- Contribute to concept and proposal development in the environment thematic areas.
- Contribute to the gap analysis in the areas of environment and contribute in the development of new thematic areas according to analysis.
- Technical guidance and leadership in environment.
- Provide key accountability, documentation and assessments to guide cash based interventions (cash for work).
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead on assessments, surveys, and other monitoring and evaluation and project reporting needs.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points.
- Work closely with community representatives, undertake detailed situational analysis and propose appropriate project implementation approaches.
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities.
- Staff Management
- Supervise and mentor environment Assistants in the district of jurisdiction, providing hands-on and real time training to ensure growth and development in performance of the Assistants.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Provide technical and informed programmatic leadership for the environment staff members and community based mechanisms in Kiryandongo operational area as needed.
- Logistics /Finance
- Keenly monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different activity locations.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their timely execution.
- Ensure the delivery of supplies in the right quantity and quality.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environment or related field.
- Competence using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny.
- Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for needs of others especially female refugees and people with special needs.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to write reports and communication pieces.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning and team building and facilitating skills. Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites when needed.
- Fluency in English and local language a plus.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
All applicants must upload both a letter of application and their CV through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.