Deadline: 23 May 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader – Livelihoods in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. The duration of this post is 2 months.
The Team Leader – Livelihoods is responsible for the management and overall execution of the livelihoods interventions in the Eastern Area of Operations, ensuring smooth implementation and maintenance of high quality.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader – Livelihoods will perform the following functions:
- Program management
- Ensure timely and smooth implementation of livelihoods interventions complying with the national, organizational and donor’s regulations, policies and requirements.
- Provide support to the livelihoods team to make sure implemented interventions are technically sound, cost effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries’ needs.
- Ensure overall integrity of the program and that all program deliverables are completed with the highest standards and quality.
- Actively participate in relevant meetings hosted by other NGOs and UN agencies that address livelihood issues of concerned population.
- Staff management
- Manage and supervise Livelihoods team in DRC Eastern Area of Operations, motivate team members to work together in the most effective manner and to be accountable for their work; guide them to communicate and network clearly,appropriately and transparently.
- Hold regular meetings with the Livelihoods team to delegate tasks to appropriate personnel based on implementation plans and make sure team members understand their responsibilities and have necessary information and facilities to perform their tasks.
- Improve Livelihoods team’s knowledge on the objectives and approach of all the interventions, keep the team well informed of changes within the Livelihoods unit, organization and general corporate news.
- Technical support
- Lead the Livelihoods team in continuous assessments of the local markets to improve the understanding of market systems and identifying opportunities for implementation.
- Promote entrepreneurial culture for increased income at household and at community level among the project team members so they further motivate the project participants and communities.
- Play an active role in establishing linkages of the beneficiaries with market, MFIs, market players, suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure DRC policies, procedures, and practices as expressed in the administrative guidelines are fully adhered and followed.
- Ensure the respect of labor law, DRC rules and regulations, and internal regulation applicable at country level.
- Ensure program documents are complete, up to date, and stored appropriately.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in microeconomics, labour market policies, vocational skills non-formal education; enterprise development, marketing, agriculture or similar field relevant to the position.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Fluency to work in both Dari and/or Pashto.
- At least 5 years of work experience with sustainable livelihoods approach, micro-enterprise development, returnee and IDP’s inclusion in labor market, non-formal educational or women’s empowerment programmes.
- High proficiency in project cycle management; good leadership skills, demonstrated experience in planning, reporting and leading the team in order to implement complex livelihood programs, good understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- High level of sensitivity in mainstreaming gender issues in programming as well as understanding the role of inclusion and protection in equitable service delivery.
- Ability to represent DRC in external fora and to build and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders.
- Work experience with communities especially in implementing livelihood programs.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem solving abilities.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.