Deadline: 11 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader-Livelihoods in Kiryandongo, Uganda.
The Team Leader-Livelihoods is responsible to ensure quality implementation of the overall Cash, Livelihood and environment component and synergize with other sectors which constitute the overall DRC program.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader-Livelihoods will perform the following functions:
- Coordination and representation
- Develop relationship with a range of Key stakeholders in OPM, UN Agencies, Local Governments, Private Sector and CSOs in order to facilitate the development of economic opportunities and increased incomes for the targeted beneficiaries.
- Representation of DRC and active participation in the local Cash, Livelihoods and Environment Sector and relevant sub-sectors/working groups.
- Project development, implementation and reporting
- Responsible for the development of concept note, project plans, budgets and funding proposals at the field level in thematic areas of Cash, livelihoods and Environment with Gender sensitivity in coordination with the Program Manager.
- Undertake gap analysis in the areas of Livelihoods and Environment and contribute in the development of new thematic areas according to analysis.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective program implementation of all Cash, livelihoods and environment projects within timeframe, budget and quality standards.
- Contribute to the development of DRC strategy in areas of Cash, livelihoods and Environment.
- Staff development and management
- Provision of Technical and Programmatic Leadership for the Cash, Livelihoods and Environment team of DRC.
- Develop staff performance measures and targets and upraise them based on the targets set.
- Conduct training needs assessment of all the Cash, livelihood and Environment staff and make recommendations.
- Budget Monitoring
- Responsible for grants management of all Cash, Livelihoods and Environment projects.
- Monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Liaise with DRC Administration, Logistics, and Finance Departments and the Project Manager/Head of Office to ensure smooth operation of the field offices.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Studies or related field.
- Master’s Degree in either International Relations, Business administration, Development studies, Management, Human rights, other Social sciences or related field added advantage
- At least 3 year’s professional work experience in similar area and capacity.
- Proven record of Livelihoods, Cash, Gender and Environment experience.
- Proven record of working with multiple donors like UNHCR, ECHO and BPRM
- Competence using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Ability to write reports and communication pieces.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning and team building and facilitating skills. Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent analytical, strategic and communication skills.
- Strong Computer literacy, proposal writing and Report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with the other team members and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure, culturally sensitive, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Knowledge of refugee crisis.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must must submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.