Deadline: 1 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Technical Livelihood Officer in Mafraq, Jordan.
The Technical Livelihood Officer will be responsible to support all relevant agricultural programming and specifically focus on activities that promote inclusive value chains and climate smart production.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Technical Livelihood Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with Core Competency strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure project documentation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners and/or contractors (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures and project documentation).
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contractors.
- Support NRC market assessments, stakeholder mapping, and all relevant information collection with regards to agricultural systems.
- Maintain strong and positive communication with all programme beneficiaries.
- Assist in the design and translation of informative materials as needed, including presentations, handouts, and training.
- Lead community based focus group discussions, household surveys, and key informant interviews.
- Support NRC Monitoring and Evaluation Team in collecting all relevant programme information and ensuring reporting, both donor and internal, is accurate and complete.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in agricultural systems, innovative agriculture technologies, and has significant experience working with multi sector stakeholders.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/development context.
- Experience in partnership management and working with a range of stakeholders.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English.
- Strong ability to learn quickly, think analytically, strategically and come up with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in communication, negotiation and liaising with authorities and other stakeholders at national and local level.
- Strong teamwork and influencing skills, the ability to work with other departments to achieve objectives within tight timeframes.
- Any experience in the agriculture sector in Jordan is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.