Deadline: 3 July 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Project Officer will support the implementation of the activities within the regional project on Gender Responsive Policies at country level and to support the Gender Specialist in all coordination related tasks.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of the project’s activities in accordance with the annual work plan and towards achieving the project outcomes and outputs.
- Regular follow up with national experts/consultants and civil society groups/think tanks involved in the implementation of project activities, including revision of their deliverables and results.
- Maintaining regular communication and extend technical support to ten pilot municipalities piloting Gender Responsive budgeting initiatives.
- Contribute to the preparation and consolidation of quarterly progress and financial reports.
- Monitor regularly project activities implementation by conducting field visits and maintaining close communication with project consultants and institutional contractors.
- Keep records and file all documents related to planning and implementation of the project in line with the office filing system.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the field of Gender Mainstreaming and GRB to partners and institutions involved in the project.
- Participate at the meetings of the UN Result group on gender equality and prepare minutes, including preparation of background documents for the meetings.
- Support in the organization of broader coordination meetings on gender equality and prepare minutes, including preparation of background documents for the meetings.
- Provide input to various tasks such as workshops, research, analyses and publications.
- Support the office team in the organization of events, workshops, trainings.
- Support with filing system in the office and ensure documentation as per UN Women rules and guidelines.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in gender, development, public policy, social studies or closely related field.
- Master’s degree in those areas would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience (3 for candidates with MA) in coordinating projects in the fields of gender equality and governance.
- Experience in working with international organizations (experience with the UN is an asset).
- In-depth knowledge of national policies on gender equality (including gender responsive budgeting), gender equality trends and the status of women in the country.
- Fluency in English and Macedonian is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.