Deadline: 11 July 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The Education Specialist will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and supervising the decentralized planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Education programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manages 7 Regional Technical Assistants based in the target regions of the Education Programme.
- Monitors mid and downstream programme planning, implementation and analysis at the regional level within programme section.
- Centralizes, coordinates and reviews information on the section’s field presence, including assets in place, field staff needs and concerns, lessons learned and best practices.
- Regularly reports on field presence situation, trends and issues to the PM section.
- In collaboration with the PM section and regional partners, develops and implements an equity strategy to better identify, respond to and monitor progress against inequities in service delivery.
- Manages the section’s efforts to develop the capacity of regional partners through identification of needs and potential interventions, planning of capacity-building activities and monitoring of results.
- Coordinates with the PM section and the Field Presence Committee to define and deliver cross-sectoral interventions to respond to cross-cutting needs.
- Prepares relevant programme reports required for section management, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree or equivalent in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Business Administration, Public Health, Education or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- 5 years of professional work experience in social development, management, monitoring and evaluation for an international organization.
- Previous experience in field or zonal offices, decentralization and public sector capacity strengthening is an asset.
- Fluency in French and good Knowledge of English working language required.
- Knowledge of local language (Malagasy) is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.