Deadline: 6 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The Nutrition Specialist will support the Chief in managing the Section, contributing to knowledge management/innovation and developing/preparing nutrition (and/or an integrated/complex/key) programs/projects.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice to the Chief in establishing the annual work plan including developing strategies and determining priorities/targets and performance measurements.
- Provide technical assistance/advice to colleagues in the Section on all aspects of programming and implementation to enable colleagues to achieve program/performance objectives.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of nutrition programs/projects.
- Establish specific goals, objectives and strategies and implementation plans for the sector/s based on results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM).
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Prepare policy papers, briefs and other strategic program materials for management use, information and/or consideration.
- Promote critical thinking and innovative approaches and good practices for sustainable health programs/projects initiatives through advocacy and technical advisory services.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best and cutting edge practices in health management and information systems.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Health, Global/International Health and Nutrition, Health/Nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required.
- University degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and 2 years of relevant experience in the field of nutrition may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, newborn and child nutrition health care at the international level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and French (written and verbal) are required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish) or the local language is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.