Deadline: 8 August 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the design, planning and implementation of resilience programme activities supported under the Country Strategic Plan (CSP), applying a crosscutting lens such as climate change, gender equality and women empowerment, protection, nutrition, etc.
- Support the design, planning and the implementation of the microinsurance pilot and scale-up.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of the FBF programme.
- Develop strategies and approaches for the integration and effective interaction across different programmes towards an integrated resilience programming.
- Oversee preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports including proposals for improvements in operation and the scope of the resilience building activities in accordance
- with CSP.
Contribute to strengthening partnerships with UN humanitarian and development agencies, NGOs, inter-governmental and governmental partners in resilience building including food assistance for assets creation (FFA), livelihood, and climate adaptation activities.
- Develop formal arrangements with implementing partners, identify proposed projects, and facilitate needed approval at the local level.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree, or University Degree with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines agriculture and food security, climate change adaptation, environmental studies, insurance/finance, development studies or related area.
- At least 5 year’s experience in smallholder famers support, climate change adaptation, disaster risk finance, food security analysis, policy and/or, disaster risk management or related area.
- Experience in monitoring & evaluation, program analysis and monitoring, or Programme Coordination in a humanitarian/ development context with UN Agencies, NGO, government, or private sector.
- Knowledge or experience in climate risk management in Madagascar and/or macro and micro insurance policies would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Fluency level of French and English (proficiency/level C) required and intermediate knowledge (intermediate/level B) of another UN official language (Arabic, Chinese, English, Russian and Spanish) desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.