Deadline: 15 August 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Specialist in Malawi.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of MERL activities to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
Ensure that MERL activities are in line with the USAID Evaluation Policy, and that periodic reports (oral and written) are provided to the chief of party for submission to USAID.
- Support the field team in refining the project’s results framework, identifying indicators, and participating in work planning sessions.
- Lead development of the project’s MERL plan.
- Collaborate with Chemonics home office technical staff and partners to design research activities relevant to early-grade reading.
- Establish and manage a monitoring and evaluation system to track progress towards meeting program/contract deliverables, results, indicators, and targets in accordance with the client’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure that the methodologies used to measure the programs deliverables, results, and impact on improved learning outcomes, gender, disability-inclusive, and other measures in approved M&E plan, are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree with minimum 5 year’s experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 8 year’s experience in monitoring and evaluation for donor-funded projects.
- Experience tracking equity in learning outcomes among boys, girls, and children with special needs preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of USAID reporting and data quality requirements or experience working with another donor in an M&E capacity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of necessary computer, database, and analytical skills, particularly in issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiar with USAID Education Strategy Technical Notes regarding monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.