Deadline: 5 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Specialist in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Through data analytics, foster innovation in strategic country programme analysis, planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Support interoperability of sectoral data and information management systems.
- Support data innovations for humanitarian performance monitoring.
- Contribute to data generation, analysis, sharing and use in support of the monitoring of progress in the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals for Malawi.
- Build internal and external networks on data for children.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in Data Science, Geospatial Science, Geographic Information Systems, Statistics, Environmental Science majoring in GIS, or other relevant disciplines is required.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience is required in the areas of data science and/or geospatial science, preferably with exposure to academic/research work and the private sector.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of emerging data analysis including big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence is an asset.
- Familiarity with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), aerial mapping technology and mobile-based real-time monitoring platforms, and application of these technologies for development and emergency planning, response, monitoring and reporting are desirable.
- Fluency in English – both verbal and written is required.
- Fluency in any of the main local languages is required.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.