Deadline: 18 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Regional Manager in Kasungu, Malawi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Regional Manager will perform the following functions-
- Oversee all technical and operational activities of FAO in the respective region.
- Support Management in backstopping all field teams in the area assigned and facilitate harmonization of technical and operational arrangements in close collaboration with District Coordinators and field office staff.
- Facilitate overall coordination of projects assigned by FAO under his responsibility, handling technical and operational aspects related with implementation.
- Lead specific technical work under his/her responsibility and support coordination of all FAO’s interventions in the district.
- Oversee management of finances, staff, equipment and assets under his/her responsibility and facilitate support to other FAO Offices in the region, if required.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly travel plans for the staff under his/her direct supervision and ensure compliance with FAO’s travel procedures.
- Provide leadership on management of Organizational funds at district and regional level, providing operational guidance to the District Council Staff, FAO Administrative Assistants and partners on FAO minimum requirements.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture (including forestry and fisheries), Veterinary Sciences/Animal Production, Human Nutrition, Natural Resources Management or related fields.
- At least 8 year’s work experience in development, management and monitoring of projects and programmes in agriculture, food security, nutrition-sensitive agriculture and/or rural development.
- Computer literacy, especially using standard and analytical software and other information, communication and technology equipment.
- Ability to be multi-tasked and to handle large volumes of work in an effective and timely manner.
- Nationality of Malawi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.